Head, Risk Management
- Responsible for providing strategic support to the organization’s achievement of its corporate objectives, through the enablement of efficient and effective governance of significant risks and related opportunities, across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Risk Monitoring: Undertake the development, deployment, and analysis of Risk Control Self-Assessment Questions, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and other strategic risk parameters (i.e. losses and incidents, key risk exposures and early warning indicators).
- Risk Assessment: Support the development of analytical systems, data management capabilities, & processes, and undertake risk assessments of the organization’s products, procedures, Service Level Agreements etc.
- Risk Identification and Mitigation: Lead the proactive identification and analysis of emergent risks to the organization, design appropriate mitigations, and implement accordingly.
- Manage Risk Management Policies and Processes: Lead the development and continuous improvement of the organization’s operational and financial risk management processes, and policies, in line with identified best practices, and organizational fit, in order to mitigate the impact of risk events on the organization.
- Risk-Based Capital Allocation: Apply appropriate methodology(s) to determine the allocation of economic capital to business activities based on risk, with the aim of optimizing the group’s risk portfolio through business activities & risk-transfer strategies.
- Process Mapping: Lead the mapping of functional processes across the organization, for the purposes of documenting controls in existing products and processes.
- After Action Reviews: Disseminate learning points from loss and loss events to all employees.
- Support Team’s Development: Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Achievement (Level 2/4)
- Analytical Thinking (Level 3/4)
- Customer Service Orientation (Level 3/4)
- Entrepreneurship (Level 2/4)
- Flexibility (Level 3/4)
- Holding People Accountable (Level 3/4)
- Intercultural Competence (Level 2/4)
- Leading and Developing Others (Level 3/4)
- Professional Confidence (Level 3/4)
- Relationship Building for Influence (Level 2/4)
- Self-Awareness (Level 3/4)
- Team Working (Level 3/4)
- Working Strategically (Level 3/4)
- Communicating Effectively (Level 3/4)
- Risk Management Policies and Procedures (RAC001 - Level 3/4)
- Risk Identification and Assessment (RAC002 - Level 3/4)
- Risk Response and Reporting (RAC003 - Level 3/4)
- Process Management (RAC008 - Level 3/4)
- Financial Analysis (FTM007 - Level 3/4)
- Market and Regulatory Environment (GMT007 - Level 2/4)